A few things I've learned from my Mom:
- Family should be a top priority. Friends and boyfriends will come and go but at the end of the day, family is forever. They will love and support you unconditionally so you should treat them accordingly.
- "It's better to be weird than vegetable lasagna". This comes from a Seinfeld episode haha, Elaine used vegetable lasagna to describe someone who was cookie cutter, boring, and plain jane-ish. I love that my Mom always supports my creativity and encourages me to be unique. Quirks are what make people interesting!
- Give something your honest to goodness best effort, but the rest is not under your control. Stressing is not productive.
- It is never too late to learn. I'm so proud of my mom for pursuing her masters, she is an all star student!
- Treat everyone with kindness and respect. "You attract more bees with honey".
- A bargain hunt beats paying regular price any day.