Saturday, June 30, 2012
Thursday, June 28, 2012
- This text made me laugh: "I think the bread u used on my sand wich has mold on it bc the crust is really crunchy" from the little sis. She's just a tiny bit dramatic haha.
- Little Old Man at my gym who told me I had a "quite a snazzy car" after getting in a no-you-cross-the-street-first courtesy battle with me, you are adorable.
- "You must be studying for the bar" made my day kind sir. I'm glad I don't look like a high-schooler to someone, as that seems to be the common misconception!
- In case you weren't aware yet, Harper is THE cutest child on the earth. Check out this post that made me lol hard.
- I really like this campaign (and here).
- An e card after my own heart.
- This one is really more like "making me jump for joy" but SINCE WHEN do you get to print off coupons for tarjay? I'm going to have to make a trip asap!
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
- Why are people awkwardly mean or rude on pinterest? I find the weirdest things in comments, like "gross" "this looks disgusting" "lame" "this is so dumb" etc. etc. Whatever happened to the good ole' if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all mantra?
- How on earth does anyone not get bored on the cardio machines? At my gym there are TVs with captions, windows to people watch through, AND I listen to my ipod simultaneously. Still die (of boredom) after 10 or 15 minutes, #ilooklikeawimp.
- In what way does the atmosphere of a library seem like a great place to have a chit chat with your friends around a table, or straight up answer phone calls? I wish there were rules posted just like at the swimming pool, and library lifeguards too!
- Whats the best way to make time for something you like to do but don't always have the energy or time commitment for? I'm talking hobbies and such. Struggling with this one lately.
- Does anyone else notice how often people use the word "love" to describe just about anything in blogland? Like OMG I love that item of clothing / recipe / photograph / diy / hairstyle / nail polish / typography / countless other inanimate objects. It kind of cheapens the word sometimes in my opinion. Not to say I'm not soo guilty of this one, just something I would like to be better about!
Monday, June 25, 2012
Saturday, June 23, 2012
|tshirt jcrew | belt target | jeans jcrew | shoes gap | watch timex|
Friday, June 22, 2012
From my study playlist to yours!
A shout out to my model bff who just made it legit and signed with an agency! Get it girl, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!
I'll be at
the place that gives me migraines work all day so I'm wishing you a fun and fabulous Friday :)
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
|shirt gap | skirt h&m | necklace f21 | shoes target|
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
|puns do it better|
Monday, June 18, 2012
A few years ago I made this 8x8 album for my best fran (love you!) as a graduation / "holy cow I'm going to miss you so much when we go to school in different countries" present. It took me a ton of time to complete (many months) but was soo worth it. To this day we still have so much fun looking through the memories, its like our own personal yearbook chock full of inside jokes, sarcasm and everything great about those awkward teen years! I was and still am completely in love with the Love Elsie scrapbook lines and would die and go to heaven if she ever decides to put out another. I love this size of album because mini photos (4 photos to a 4x6 sheet) fit perfectly and are cheaper to print.
Photos by my bestie. Stay tuned for part 2 :)
Saturday, June 16, 2012
A few of my favorite knick knacks from my room in my parents house: a set of dolls from my Nana, retro alarm clock, a mirror I bought in Peru, and a big shiny Buddha. I think little treasures or pieces with a story are what make a space feel like home. What do you use to personalize your space?
Friday, June 15, 2012
Thursday, June 14, 2012
|etsy print, a pinterest find|
- This ecard made me laugh, less truly is more!
- A diy "geoball" box, looks so neat! Added to the top of my "to-craft" list.
- Free wallpaper download with a fabulous quote. And this reminder is pretty great too.
- I'm dying to make this maxi skirt my own in the light heather gray. Waiting to come across the right size in the store, wish me luck!
- Some J.Crew Outlet picks: sleeveless ruffle top, a popover, paisley tunic.
- Casey's featured recipe had me at fruit tart but add whole wheat and low fat to that and we are talking really serious baking really fast. I've never made a tart before and can't wait to give it a go!
- Some new-ish (to me) blogs that I'm devouring lately: Natasha at paper crowns, Natalie at urban anthropology, and Allyson at Mimosas in the Morning.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
|blouse target | jeans jcrew | clutch boutique | shoes target|
I found this little polka dotted, poet sleeved, poufy shouldered, and waist tying number at tarjay for eleven dollars. Its the perfect weight for summer even thought it has long sleeves. Every time I think to myself, oh it's really hot and humid outside, it probably won't get much worse than this/ how could it possibly? It just gets that much more hot and muggy. #dreadingaugust #constantlyglistening #NOTcardiweather #icedcoffeetotherescue (p.s. can you tell I don't have a twitter?? lol)
I hope you are enjoying the summer weather in your neck of the woods :)
Monday, June 11, 2012
Lately non work days (I'm part-timing it this summer) have included a terrible amount of procrastination in the form of taking pictures of sleepy puppies, painting nails, drinking hot chocolate and making colorful foods, just to name a few. I think that finally signing up for my big standardized exam has lit a bit of a fire under my butt though, so hit the books I shall!
Wishing you a productive week, and if you've got any tips for studying at home or in coffee shops send 'em my way :)